Friday 23 July 2010

MCI JH528B

These are well underrated desks!







This is on ebay in Pennsylvania today. BIN $5800 or offers [none yet]. Its a classic 70s desk, as heard on tons of amazing albums, including ACDCs back in black I believe [one of the biggest selling records of all time]






From the seller:

Howdy,

Up for purchase is an MCI JH528B recording console. Serial # 074. Date of manufacture: 11/23/77. This board powers up, but the plasma meter does not. The overall condition of this board is good. In fact, the stuff I've recorded through it sounds amazing, especially the guitars recorded through the inboard mic pres. However, I am not an audio technician. I do not have the expertise needed to make this board what it needs to be. Each channel needs a thorough going over. 14 to 17 channels receive and send audio. Every channel needs tech servicing and repairs. If I could have found a reliable tech near me I would have undertaken the repairs, but I simply could not find the right person for the job. Now its too late as I've changed careers, so its time to send this board to someone who can restore it to its former glory. The board is clean, and a good amount of work was done the first few days a tech was in to get the board powered up after transport. Both main supplies have been 70 to 80% rebuilt. Voltage regulation is solid. No work has been done to the plasma meter supply or its spare. No work has been done to the other main supply spare. All supplies are included in the auction. The manual is missing some key schematics that may be purchased from Blevins (if you are persistent).

I'd be glad to answer any questions or provide more in-depth pictures to those with serious inquiries. But please, don't email me if you aren't an interested purchaser

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    I try to identify the mixing desk on this picture.

    http://www.julianknowles.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BrianEno_590x4001.jpg

    I think that is a mci jh 528 b but I'm not qui te shure.
    Do you think is the same desk?

    Best regards

    Léo

    ReplyDelete